"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Brandon's Kayaking Trip

Last week my husband went to Northern Washington State with his dad, brother, and brother-in-law on a camping/fishing and kayaking trip. Cool, huh.



I wasn't that envious until I saw the pictures of the gorgeous scenery they were traveling through.


Unfortunately, when you have four young children, family kayaking isn't too practical. Maybe someday I'll tag along though. (I -DID- go to Hawaii for ten days last summer... I guess we're even. Not that anybody is counting...)



I'm actually really glad that he is able to get away and spend time with the guys. He works so hard all the time, and he doesn't get to see his dad and brothers very often.



They caught a lot of fish.



And saw some beautiful, beautiful country.




And from the sound of things, had a great trip. It's probably a good thing we don't have lakes and rivers like this too close by, or we might be purchasing some kayaks in the near future.




Just look at the color of that water! I guess it has a lot of copper in it, which makes that stunning green color.







I'm glad they had a great trip, but I'm also really glad Brandon is home!

I'll have to see if I can pin him down to add more details. That's all I've got...

2 comments:

carol said...

Gorgeous! I've never been to Washington, but from the looks of things it's high time I went.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Wow! It is breathtaking. But hey, I live here, so I know. Just wondering what river/area!!!!!

And you went to Hawaii for 10 days I am so jealous! We were engaged on Kauai and it was so wondrous we are afraid to go back for change and it would never be the same. But another island maybe.

I wish my husband could get some time away... O'well we are going to Missouri for Christmas, that is where he is from, and he will be "right at home" ..