"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Friday, September 10, 2010

Decorating Bug

Yesterday was exceedingly unproductive.


It could have been the extreme lack of sleep due to one or more children waking constantly at night.


It could have been the cold, rainy, want-to-stay-indoors-all-day weather.


It could have been the 8 month old darling boy that followed me around, wanting to be held all day.


It could have been the familiar messes that I kept cleaning up. Over, and over, and over, and over.


It could have been the phone that kept ringing, and ringing.



But it was most likely the internets.

Specifically the cute crafty blogs I couldn't quit clicking on.

Sometimes my inner crafty diva needs some inspiration.


And so when I should have been mopping the floor, cleaning out my closet, scrubbing the toilets, or folding the laundry...

I made this instead:



I wanted to make some banners a long time ago, but out of fabric. But then it hit me yesterday that I have piles of cute scrapbooking paper just begging to be used. So I made a cute little banner to hang over the sliding glass door. I think I'll probably make another one for the girls' bedroom. But not today.


I'm not much of a decorator usually, but I've been bored with my current decor lately, so I've changed up a few things.

There was, of course, the chandelier project. The jury is still out on that one. It may come down eventually.

I've re-arranged and swapped out paintings on the "painting wall" numerous times.
There are more erroneous holes than I would like to 'fess up to.

And last week I updated the "family picture" wall.
(Never mind the fact that our family picture is two years old.)


This is the wall that I'm dying to paint in a harlequin (diamond) pattern. Maybe sometime this winter I'll finally get around to it. No promises though.



I'm amazed at those crafty decorator people that move into a house and have it decorated to the nines within a week of getting settled. We're going on our third year here, and I feel like I'm just starting to consider that something should probably go upon all of the "dust" shelves surrounding the living room. I'm completely lost on that one.


I'm sure if I spent enough time scouring some more crafty blogs, I could figure it out...

But not today. I'm off to paint. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

A banner has been on my list forever, this one is super cute! Maybe I will get around to it soon as well!!

Have a super weekend..

Betsy said...

Hey Brittany,
I never got your email address. Can you email me your home address so I can send your towels. Thanks.
betsywetsy99@hotmail.com

Marie said...

mine house has been a work in progress ever since I moved here. All these years and I haven't yet figured out that there really isn't one perfect way to do things.