"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First Day



Today was the first day of the school year. It was later than usual, but it still came too fast.



The kids were so very excited.




It's a lot to take in. New clothes, new back packs, new shoes, new classrooms, and new teachers.




We're carpooling this year rather than riding the bus, so I'm driving the morning route. Love it!

I always have to embellish the lunch sacks. I just can't help myself.


Poor Averie was severely disappointed that she didn't get to go to school. She insisted I make her a sack lunch as well.


So what did I do all day today with all my hours and hours of free time? (*cough*) Uh..

I did this:

Two batches of bottled pears took me all day long. All day. Nearly 6 hours.
There were a few complications.
Fourteen bottles of my blood, sweat, and tears.
(uh, not literally blood. The red is maraschino cherry syrup I used in place of sugar for one batch.)

It's ridiculous how long canning takes.

Sigh. And I missed my helpers. I take that back. Averie did keep Rylan quite entertained for part of the day.

She had a fun day of freedom playing with all the "taboo" toys that her older siblings usually confiscate from her. I won't tell them if you don't.

Mason and Ellorie both had a fantastic first day of school. They came home with lots and lots of wonderful things to report. I hope we all have a great year.

2 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

You rock the mommyhood!

Now that I care for my nephew, I definitely am taking pointers!!

jess said...

mason's teacher is amazing. you will love her. she was my third grade teacher, and still a good friend. hope the rest of the year goes wonderfully.