"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Birthdays are for Boots

I'm not much of a shopper. I mean I'm REALLY not much of a shopper. I always have wicked buyers remorse, and I'm frugal to a fault. At least when it comes to buying clothes, shoes, and things for myself.


Crafty things? Art supplies? Soap supplies? I can buy these things without any problems. But fashion stumps me.

Don't get me wrong, I love window shopping. I just can't ever follow through and purchase the item at full price without months, sometimes years of planning and preparation. By then the item is usually gone or on sale anyway. And I usually just do without. I like clothes and shoes as much as the next girl, but they really don't mean that much to me.

It's a good thing I have some enablers in my life...

because every year for my birthday, my wonderful mother (who by the way does NOT share my inability to purchase fashionable clothing), sends me on a mission to find some cute winter boots.

It is not an option. This is birthday money intended for boots, and it must be spent on nothing but the cutest pair of winter boots I can find. I must find the boots and report my findings. I repeat, this is not optional. The boots must be found and purchased in a timely fashion.

So I would like to share and report my findings for this year's search. (You know, just in case you are more fashion forward than I, and would like to purchase yourself some cute winter boots.)


I am suddenly drawn to grey. I'm not sure I can rock the color in footwear, but I like to look.



This crazy "cuff" thing seems to be all the rage. I'm completely fascinated by the idea, but I'm not sure I have the fashion confidence to pull it off. I'm afraid they would be admired by only myself as they sat on my closet shelf. Maybe next year, when they are a bit more affordable. (and hence, no longer in style...)







LOOOVE these. Too bad they are in the 300-ish price range.






I showed these to Brandon and said, "Aren't these so cute?" He said, "Yeah, if you want to look like you have cankles." I guess that's a NO. I still like them.


So I went back to looking at more traditional riding/motorcycle boots styles. In brown. I haven't had any brown boots for ages.


Very cute. And very expensive. Moving on.


Love these. Still a bit pricey.

And then I found them. The birthday boots for my 32nd year of life:


I hope I love them as much as I do after trying them on. I have other shoes in the same brand, so I'm pretty sure they will fit. If not, I'll return them and try again.

Feel free to link up some cute boots you have your eye on this winter...

Because a girl can never have too many boots.



p.s. Comment away! Winner to this Friday's giveaway will be announced at 9:00 p.m.
Up for grabs this time: 3 bars of my handmade soap

10 comments:

Sharon said...

I'm glad you went with those boots, they are so pretty! Like I said before, all moms are crazy. they have to be. see you in the morn!

Sally said...

What a fun unoptional birthday gift! They are very cute - do we get another picture of you wearing them?

Jess Cahoon said...

Very cute. Lucky you have a fall birthday and get to have something fun and useful!!!

jess said...

super cute options. love the ones you picked. happy birthday month.

Eyvon said...

I just love to watch other people wear boots. I am not a boot person myself.

Eyre family said...

I like yours but I like 3rd from the bottom. So cute, but I seem to have expensive taste. which means I seldom buy them, Lisa eyre

Brittany said...

I love the 6th boot from the bottom!

Trina said...

Very good choice. Those boots are so cute.

Shannon said...

Love your choice! Hope you have a great day tomorrow on your 32nd Birthday! Take Care!

wienerhoneymooners said...

The boots with the 2 buckles at the ankles! Yeah, wrap those babies for me... heeheee..Love them.