"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cuddle Bug

I just can't get enough of this sweet little guy. He's 10 months old tomorrow. How can he be nearly a year old? He is my first baby that actually likes to cuddle. Especially after he gets out of the tub. He is so cute and animated.


And then he peed on me.
But I'm a mom, so I even found that to be cute.
No, not really. Pee is still pee.

At 10 months here are Rylan's top 10 favorite things (in no particular order):

#1- Mom. He is a little bit attached, what can I say?

#2- Family. He notices Dad from across the room and yells out a loud "DA!" It's hilarious. He also has a funny name for Ellorie. It's sort of like "Ahlaalaa!" But I could just be imagining things.

#3- Table food. He has no teeth yet. Zero. And he screams at the top of his lungs for food when anyone is eating. He's ridiculous at restaurants. Good thing he loves baby food.

#4- Rough Housing. Don't be fooled by that cute little face, this boy can be WILD. He adores laughing, teasing, and wrestling with the kids. And the biggest kid, Dad.

#5- Toys. Any kind. He's not picky. The best ones are whatever Averie is playing with. She is learning to share. The learning curve is steep.

#6- Cars. He's so little. How does he even know what a car is? He pushes, toys, dishes, or anything he finds around on the floor like a car. I swear that boy's love or cars is innate. Mason was a car lover. Averie too, for that matter. Looks like I have another one on my hands.

#7- Pack and Play. Otherwise known as his bed. He does not like his crib, so it sits empty. He'll lay right down and go to sleep in "the pack". (Averie named it.) We'll take all the sleep we can get around here. The boy still wakes up to eat every two hours at night. Just like his brother did.

#8- Binky. That's his pacifier. I'm so relieved to have a binky baby. Averie gave hers up at 3 months and I mourned.

#9- Bubba. That's his super soft blue blanket. Accept no substitutes. He knows the difference. We are blanket people, and he appears to be related.

#10- His "baby". It's actually a glo-worm that sings a lullaby. He can't get to sleep without it. My girls won't have anything to do with dolls, but this boy loves them.

We love you Ry-Ry!

4 comments:

Dave and Shatzi said...

Is that a towel? I love it! Rylan is such a cutie!

Debbie Murdock said...

It gets even better just wait when they pee on you and they think it's funny and they laugh.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Too precious!

Anna said...

Its amazing that babies have such strong preferences. He is a cute little man!