"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Friday, November 19, 2010

Curious George, Projects, and Major Blog Neglect


There was a Curious George reading event at our local library last night. I took the girls to check it out. George himself was there, and the girls each got a couple of brand new books to take home.

Averie was SO excited... until she actually got up to the front of the line and realized the guy/gal in the big monkey costume was maybe a bit creepy for her taste. The sense of self-preservation is strong with this one. And she's never been exactly friendly with non-monkey suit people such as grandparents, aunts, and uncles, so it was pretty much a hopeless cause.

Let's call it the easter bunny effect:

At least she wasn't screaming like the little kid in front of us. And on a positive note, she was STOKED about the free books.





I've been busy sewing and making Christmas gifts the last few weeks. I haven't taken hardly any pictures, and certainly not any that are blogworthy.

One thing that is always disappointing about this time of year, is that I can't really blog my fun projects because many of them are intended for my blog readers. Last year I forgot to take pictures of most of them. Here's a sneak peek of what I've been sewing the last week or two:

I'm so behind this year. If my blog posts are few and far between... you'll know why.

Happy crafting!

1 comment:

Debbie Murdock said...

The hand crafted gifts will mean more to your kids than anything I've found! Good luck...ya got 4 weeks left!