"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Mason Turns 9

Can I really have a 9 year old?

It's true.
Mason turned 9 today.

He informed me that he didn't want birthday balloons. Or a cake. What???

Then I cried, because my baby is no longer a baby.

Just kidding. I didn't cry. But I wanted to. Too big for balloons?

He wanted a cheesecake instead of a cake. Whew. Well, I guess that's okay. I much prefer cheesecake over birthday cake anyway.

It was not his "year" for a big birthday party, but we let him decide where he wanted to celebrate with the family. He picked "Blast Off", a giant indoor playground place.

First we played glow-in-the-dark miniature golf.


And then they jumped in the germ-pits... er uh... ball pits. (There has to be a better name for that.)

*Note: if you are a germ-a-phobe this is not the place for you. Each child was wiped down, sterilized, and promptly thrown into the shower upon returning home. Ewwww.



This building is HUGE and the entire thing is a mess of tubes, tunnels, balls, foam, and fun. They were delighted to have the whole building to themselves for quite a while. I didn't even know this place existed until this week, and we've been here for three years.

Oh yeah, costumes too. Dragon heaven.

Rylan was a fan of the trucks and the balls. Not so much a fan of the ball pits.


We will most definitely return again. Germs and all. Just maybe not during flu season.



One perk of birthdays around our house is choosing all the meals for the day.
Mason's menu:
Breakfast: Chocolate Pancakes
Lunch: School Lunch (Pizza)
Dinner: Crepes with fresh berries and whipped cream
Dessert: Cheesecake with blueberry topping


(Yikes! Mama needs to get on the treadmill after all those fantastic birthday calories.)

And then the moment Mason had been waiting for: the presents. This year we got him a new bike. Seeing as how his old one is half the size of all of his friends', and how his knees were dragging on the ground.

Sorry it snowed the day you opened it buddy! I guess November isn't the best month for getting a new bike. He helped his dad assemble it and then got to ride it around in the garage for a bit. It's still snowing, so that may be all the mileage it gets for a while.



He's not complaining though. Happy Birthday Mason!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

WOW!!! 9? Happy Birthday Mason!

Patrecia said...

Happy Birthday Mason!!!! Glad you had a great birthday. See You at Thanksgiving. Love, Grandma & Grandpa

Darren and Tessa said...

I can't believe how old he is...plus those pictures of Rylan He's all grown up and I feel like I really missed out...I miss living close to you guys and being able to see the kids. Can't wait to see you at Christmas!

Anna said...

No way! I still remember when we was born, and cannot believe that it has been nine years. Time flies.

Happy Birthday, Mason!