"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving

After the worst winter blizzard/storm in my personal memory, we had an awesome Thanksgiving weekend. It took hours to actually shovel/plow our way OUT of the driveway, and the roads were terrible. But the skies were perty on the way there...

(By the way, to the dear neighbors that plowed out our driveway while we were away: a million gracious thanks! And if you happen to know who did it, let me know!)

We had turkey day at my mom's house with all of my biological siblings present. (Nat, Aleisha, Enrique, and Kris weren't able to be there this year. We missed you!)

It was a very fun, enjoyable, and relaxing weekend. We talked, played games, cooked, and ate WAY too much delicious food.

My mom makes these orange rolls that are to die for. And I know people say that about a lot of things, but I really mean it. They are sinfully delicious. Here she is rolling them out:

It's one of those foods that I'm afraid to learn how to make. Because then I might make them and eat them all myself. That kind of knowledge is very dangerous. I could never make them like mom anyway. And the pies! Don't even get me started on the pies.

And the turkey and table was handsome as well:

The "grown up" table


And the kids table

The kids were especially delighted to have glass goblets.

I think this was Rylan's last smile for the week. He started teething in earnest this weekend. His gums were all red and swollen and he had a fever and wanted nothing but to be held and rocked for four days. No teeth yet, but he's a little happier today finally. Poor baby.


The kids forget they have a mama when we go to Gramma Gina's house. They disappear for days and I have to hunt them down if I need them for something. They played games with their Aunts.
Averie wants aunt Kelsey to be her mother now. (It may or may not have something to do with her cute little doggie.) She got to have a sleepover with Kelsey on the last night before she left. Averie reluctantly came home with us yesterday, but let us know she wasn't happy about it...

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend!

No comments: