"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sewing and Such

I've been working on Christmas projects like mad.  Unfortunately, many of them cannot yet be shown here...

Today, however, I finally got around to making Rylan's stocking.  (I've only had the fabric for a little over a year now...)  The photograph is horrid.  The colors go together better in person.  The turquoise fabric has little rings of reddish brown which don't show up on the camera.  I could have spent more time on the photo, but then I wouldn't have had time to finish my other project.  Meh...



Here it is with the rest of the family's:


Averie was delighted when I pulled them all out this morning.  Now I just have to decide where to hang them.

I also made one for my niece, Morgan.   Several years ago I made some for her family, but she wasn't born yet.  It wouldn't be fair to leave the little cutie out.  I don't really remember what the other ones looked like, so I hope it sort of "matches".




And another project crossed off my extensive list!

5 comments:

carol said...

Cute! And I can't wait to see what else you've been working on!

Melissa said...

Brittany! I really need you to move back to Utah so you can teach me everything you know! I love the stockings!

Debbie Murdock said...

Very cute...I'm glad that I'm not the only one that has material for stockings from a year ago...I just got around to finally finishing my husbands...now I only have mine and buddy guys to finish.

Jesse and Michelle said...

Did you have a pattern for those or did you just make your own pattern? I love them! They are what I want to do so that I can make another one that will match patternwise when we have more kids.

BrittanyLane said...

I don't really have a pattern. Sharee and I made some right after I had Mason and we just made up the shape. Every time I make a new one, we just trace the shape of the other ones. Guess it would have saved me a lot of time to just make a pattern in the first place...