"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Sittin' with Santa

Santa came to our ward Christmas party tonight! The girls were so excited. Averie is old enough this year to really "get" what is going on with this whole Santa Claus thing. She is at a really fun age.


Ellorie was SO excited and gave Santa the biggest hug ever. I didn't catch that one on the camera though. Such a sweetie.


I thought for sure that Rylan would scream his head off and I would get one of those great pictures of the kid crying on Santa's lap. Nope. He was in a great mood tonight, and even somewhat smiled for me:



Averie was hilarious. She was SO excited that she could hardly contain herself. She had quite a long talk with Santa. She told him all about all the toys she wants. "...and a Woody doll and a Jessie doll and Bullseye and Dr. Porkchop and Rex..." Wow! That's a tall order Averie dear. She was delighted with the candy cane.



Mason was a little "too cool for school" this year. He opted out of sitting on Santa's lap. The candy was no additional motivation, as he isn't a fan of peppermint.

It made me a little sad, to be honest, but I understand. I remember feeling the same way when I was his age. His friends were all there and all the "little" kids were waiting in line. The peer pressure is heavy. Sometime it makes me sad that he is growing up so fast! He's such a fun kid. It seems like just yesterday he was Rylan's age, toddling around the house. *sigh*

Anyway, we had a great time at the party. I still can't believe it's almost Christmas!

3 comments:

Kelsey Alissa Larsen said...

I need to get out all my old toy story toys and come visit you. Yes? :)

Anna said...

You captured some really tender moments. (That is a really "authentic-looking" Santa. I've never seen such a good one at a ward party before. Wow!)

I enjoy watching kids scream on Santa's lap. I know, I'm horrible. It makes for a great photo which will be enjoyed for years to come. Kaleb simply smiled in wonderment at Santa this year. Sigh. Hopefully next year he'll throw a fit.

The Wendt Wagon said...

My Mason was too cool for santa this year too, and I was so sad as well. But we do have to let them grow up. MEAN!!! I love your little stories explaining the pictures with Santa. You will love looking back and reading those. Way to go Blogging.