"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy (Belated) 2011

Christmas and New Year's were wonderful and fun-filled, though I was quite sick for most of it (from mastitis). It took a lot out of me to entertain and be entertained, but it was so much fun to see everyone. I'm just now feeling back to normal (Hooray!).

Sharee & Bryce came all the way from Colorado, Millard came all the way from Washington, and Melissa & Jason from Driggs. We had a happy house-full. It was the best kind of commotion. I was regretting that I couldn't be a better hostess and talk to everyone more. Can we just have a do-over please? Hmmm.. Maybe next year.

Brandon made his traditional New Year's Eve donuts:

And then, also traditionally, I ate way too many of them.

We had fondue, finger food, fruits & veggies, appetizers, and dips of every kind.

The big kids played video games, the little kids ran amok and played boisterously with cousins. We all had a great time. Ellorie didn't fall asleep in a box this year, but she didn't make it to midnight either. I may or may not have fallen asleep at ten-thirty-ish. I was, however, awake for the ringing in of the new year.

Here is Rylan with his cousin, Miles. Can you guess which baby is almost 4 months and which baby is almost 1 year? What can I say, we grow midgets around here.


And that is the extent of the pictures I took. None of cute little Case or Morgan. None at all. The camera curse of large gatherings I suppose.

I hope all of you had a wonderful New Year! I've found myself feeling a little less enthusiastic about blogging lately. Hopefully I'll get over it. But if not, please excuse my posts being fewer and farther between...

No comments: