"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Ellorie!

Guess who turned 7 yesterday...


Ellorie wanted a "dragon party" for her birthday celebration, and so we had one. I felt so bad last year about her downplayed birthday, as I was 36 hours from giving birth to Rylan, and didn't have a lot of energy. This year was MUCH better.

She invited a bunch of friends, some of which were out of town and/or unable to come, but we still had a small crowd..

We played some dragon games like "Pin the Tail on the Night Fury"

"Viking, Viking, Dragon" (duck, duck, goose),

we also made "Exquisite Dragon" drawings.

Her cake was actually cupcakes with dinosaurs and chocolate rocks. I couldn't find dragons, and Ellorie loves dinosaurs equally well. Same thing, right?
We also had mint chocolate chip ice cream cones. Ellorie loves mint. (I think because Mason does not.)


On birthdays the kids get to choose all the meals for the day. Ellorie chose crepes for breakfast, school lunch for lunch (corn dogs. Gross.), and mashed potatoes and dumplings for dinner. Ellorie loves her some carbs.

Even though she didn't need a single thing, she got a whole bunch of fun presents. She has been playing with all her new acquisitions since she got home from school today. I think she had a very fun and exciting birthday.

We love you Ellorie!

3 comments:

Heather said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm calling you next time I need party ideas.

wienerhoneymooners said...

SO cute. LOVE the Fury Game! Creative as always. I love your blog. You are my "reality" celeb family!

Anna said...

What a creative party. Happy Birthday, Ellorie!