"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Monday, February 7, 2011

10 Minute Painting Challenge

I painted today. Thanks to my wonderful husband that helped me keep the house clean all weekend. I usually spend Monday working like a slave to get the house back to a reasonable state. This morning I woke to a pristine house and I found myself with some "spare" time for once in a great while. What a breath of fresh air! I put Rylan down for his morning nap, got out some watercolors for Averie, and headed to the "studio" (Otherwise known as the basement.)

Yesterday, I happened upon a painting challenge on an art website I follow. I decided to take today's challenge. The "challenge" was to choose one object and paint it in ten minutes or less. Then repeat the same object until you have the desired amount of paintings.

These are pastel on 5 by 7 inch boards. I posted more about it on my art blog if you want to read about it there. But here are the paintings I finished:


It was really fun. I'm going to try to do this more often.

1 comment:

carol said...

I so wish I had a quarter of your talent. I stare at my painting all day long. Maybe I need a hobby?