"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Should Have Known Better

...and, YES, that would be ME coming down with the flu. Just hours after posting about how I was the only one that missed out on all the flu-time fun, it hit me like a freight train. It was lovely ladies and gentlemen.


I'm just now coming around to the land of the living. There are still some pots and pans in my kitchen sink from Sunday that I haven't had the energy to wash. (SOOOO Grody, I know.) The laundry is piled sky-high. I had to go to the store this morning because we were out of.. everything. The entire house is a disaster. I still can't really breathe. BUT I'm feeling much better now.

I have to be completely honest here, there was one day there that I'm not sure I was a competent parent. Presidents Day. The kids were all home from school and I could not get out of bed. I'm confident that the television was on the entire day. Good thing we only have PBS. They ate cold cereal every time they were hungry. When I finally emerged, every bowl in the house was on the counter filled with bits of really soggy cereal and pools of milk. The house looked like a bomb had hit. It was probably a blessing that Rylan was sick at the same time. He just hung out in my bed with me all day and slept a lot.

It will likely take me a few days to climb out of this hole and get my bearings again, but I'm so happy that we are all well once again! Life is great when the family is healthy. I'm really grateful for another 3-day weekend enlist my children in hard manual labor! [Insert evil laugh here]

I hope everyone else is surviving the winter Blegh! season. I have a camera full of things I intended to blog last week. I don't remember what any of them are, but hopefully in the next few days I'll get around to it... (But if I don't, I'm sure you'll understand why.)

2 comments:

Debbie Murdock said...

Glad you're on the mend...it's horrible as a mom to get sick when you're still mustering the strength to somewhat function to care for everyone else in the fam.

Brittany said...

That is no fun! I think it is the worst to be a mom and be sick. There was one time, when Braylee was a baby, that I was so sick I passed out. After that I called Heather to come and get her. Glad you are all starting to feel better and hopefully you will get some energy to clean.