"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Viral Valentine

We are sick.

Rylan and I aren't (yet). Just everyone else. Influenza, I think. Though Mason already had the flu, so maybe a different strain? Who knows. A virus anyway.

Poor, poor Ellorie was sick Sunday and Monday and had to miss her much-anticipated Valentine's Day party at school. Mason probably should have stayed home, but duped me into letting him go. He came home from school with a fever and directly crashed on the couch. Not so much of a holiday.

We opened our giant heart-shaped mailbox and distributed valentines. The kids read them in silence, smiling occasionally.

Mason gave me ALL of these cute valentines. So sweet.


Averie and Brandon both came down with fevers in the middle of the night. We are a lively bunch! Poor Brandon had to go to work this morning anyway. Tax season knows no illness. Last year a guy at the office got Foot and Mouth disease and brought it to the office. Nice.

So last night, instead of a nice V-day dinner, I made homemade chicken noodle soup. With heart-shaped carrots. I had to throw in SOMETHING valentine related, right?



I hope your Valentine's Day was more cheerful than ours!


4 comments:

jess said...

i would bet money on influenza.. it has been running rampid here at school, and lots of kids from the ward have it too. i am sorry you all are so sick. not fun at all.

patrecia said...

Sorry about the flu. Hope you and Rylan stay well. That is yummy biscotti. We are counting calories and I am trying to figure out how many hundreds I have eaten. About how many pieces did you cut each recipe into? Thank you for the valentines.

Brittany said...

Cute soup! Hope everyone gets feeling better. I cannot wait until Spring.

Anna said...

A heart shaped carrot would help anyone feel better!!! I hope the family recovers quickly.