"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Superman

Now I don't mean to brag, but I'm pretty sure I have the world's most wonderful husband.
Here is some recent evidence:


-While I was sick with the flu, he made strawberry freezer jam from scratch. THREE large batches. And it's the most amazing jam I've ever tasted. I'm not kidding.


-While I was sick with the flu, he gave Rylan a much needed hair cut and removed the baby mullet that was quickly forming. Things like that have to be taken care of.



-When I had the flu, I stayed home in bed, took care of my children's basic needs, and slept. Nothing else.

-While HE was sick with the flu, he had to continue to go to work. 65 hours that week, I think. Tax season knows no illness.

-He always carries Rylan when we go to church or other places, so I don't have to lug him around. He's always done that with all the kids. I sometimes take it for granted.

-Saturday, I went painting with my plein air group for about five hours while he watched the kids AND did all the family members taxes. No complaints whatsoever. I felt a little guilty for leaving, but it was a MUCH needed break.

-AND then he cleaned, nay, scoured the entire kitchen from top to bottom. And did a few loads of laundry. Also, all the burnt-out light bulbs have been mysteriously replaced.

But don't worry, he had plenty of help:

Oh yeah, he is also the world's greatest dad.

I just thought you should know.

1 comment:

Brittany said...

What a wonderful husband and daddy.