"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Easter Cookies

My cute little stinkers somehow talked me into making sugar cookies. I'm a sucker for their ploys.






Brandon actually made the dough with them. He is a pro at letting the kids "help" him make cookies. I get really frustrated when they are all grabbing things and reaching into the bowl and spilling ingredients all over the place, and fighting over who gets to add what. I do much better with the cutting and decorating part.

Averie was hilarious cutting out her cookies. She used it more as play-doh than cookie dough. Some of them turned out pretty lumpy. But no one minds.


We painted them with colored icing using paint brushes. The kids were in heaven. The girls licked the paint brushes an awful lot though, so if I were you, I would choose one that Mason decorated.

I've eaten an undisclosed amount of the horrible little things today. Curse you, sugar cookies, and your irresistible goodness. I'd share them, but I don't think anyone would want all the kiddie germs. Just not something you share with the neighbors.

Speaking of germs, Rylan is much, much better now. He is back to his old self, teasing Averie and all. You would never know he was sick. I'm so grateful for antibiotics when they are truly needed.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I always eat the majority of our sugar cookies:) Glad Rylan is feeling better. Your kids are adorable.

Anna said...

Sugar cookies are a true weakness of mine too. Luckily, the rolling and cutting makes them time-consuming, so I don't make them often.

I'm glad to hear that Rylan is back to health. Sick kids are no fun!