"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Family Reunion

We have been so busy! I got home from my art retreat (Read about it HERE), and had just one day to unpack, re-pack and get ready for another trip to Wyoming for a family reunion. Whew! We have been driving so much this month. It was totally worth it though. The reunion was awesome.

It was held at the most amazing lodge on a huge ranch. And when I say amazing, I mean AMAZING. We had nearly 50 people there and had room to spare.

The gourmet food was prepared by my brother Shane, the chef and was better than any restaurant. I'm not exaggerating here. We totally feasted. I shall begin my diet.. tomorrow.


Ellorie's favorite part was the rowboat on the pond. Mason and Ellorie both loved the fishing.

Ellorie, fishing with Uncle Kyle (My Dad's brother).


They all enjoyed the freedom of just being outside and running around. Averie's favorite? Um, the endless supply of treats and junk food. Sigh.


Rylan was a little stinker and was totally stressed out by all the people. He spent most of the time whining and making dirty faces at all the loving relatives. Averie was the same way at his age. I guess he'll outgrow it eventually.


It was so much fun to see everyone and visit for a bit. We also had a great little program and talent show.


There were so many loved ones that we just don't get to see enough. It went by really fast and seemed too short! Chasing my children around took a good portion of the time there. I really miss my grandparents and didn't get enough time to talk to them. We'll have to go visit them again soon. We love you Grandma and Grandpa! Thank you for the awesome reunion.

2 comments:

Shatzi said...

What an awesome family reunion! I bet your kids were in heaven!

Heather said...

Sounds like fun. We need to have a reunion on our side. We don't see each other nearly enough!