"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Still Here...

No, I did not fall off the planet. Sorry for my absence. (If there are actually any remaining readers out there to apologize to.) I have an excuse. Well, not really an excuse, but more of a reason:


We are MOVING!

To Washington. State. I'm sort of in shock, but very excited. Brandon found two awesome potential jobs in WA recently. We just heard back on his "dream job" today, and he landed it!!! I literally jumped up and down. And then I squealed, and then I cried, and then I laughed, and now I'm blogging.

I have lots of mixed emotions. I'm very excited for a change. I'm kind of a sucker for change. We've been hanging in limbo for weeks, and I haven't been able to post anything about it and it has been killing me. I'm so relieved to finally know where we will be moving.

I'm looking forward to having a husband that actually, like, comes home for dinner. And living in a place with a growing season that is longer than, say, 2 months. And never, ever, ever being a tax season widow again. Those are awesome things.

But there are some things that make me sad. We are moving far away from lots of family and good friends and a great ward and neighbors. I've made so many good friends here and I'm super sad about leaving you. And all our Utah loved ones will be just that much farther away. But I swear to visit as often as possible. You have my word! And in all honesty, we will probably be able to travel to Utah about as much as we do now. We'll have to come by the Idaho way to visit. We literally have friends and family all over now. I feel so very blessed.

I'm also sad to leave my great art groups and my NEARLY FINISHED BASEMENT for which we spent a great deal of time, money, blood, sweat, and tears. Ditto on the garden. And a few things that don't matter so much, like the yearly library card I just payed for, or the awesome preschool I found for Averie and just paid the deposit, or my art organization memberships that were just recently renewed. Not to mention my cute little garden starts that I ended up giving away to all my neighbors. At least they went to good homes. Speaking of going to good homes, I think I may have found a new home for our pup Rocket. He is going to be an apartment dog I think. Can you imagine having wild, energetic, crazy, destructive Rocket in an apartment? Apparently she is an extreme dog lover. We'll see how that one works out.

So if you know anyone that is moving to Idaho and is thinking about looking for a home in Rigby, send them my way. Our house is amazingly clean at the moment. It almost makes me want to stay. But seriously, it has been a wonderful house and I hope a wonderful family can take advantage of our hard work. We have honestly loved it here.

I will certainly post more on the subject. I am once again a blogger!

10 comments:

The Wendt Wagon said...

I am SO jealous!! We too have been trying to move back home to the north west. I am excited for you guys to be near his family. We miss family so much, and you dont realize how much they are cherished till you leave them. Good luck with your move.

Jana said...

We will be so sad to see you go! We would love to get together before the big move.

Kelsey Larsen said...

HE GOT THE JOB!!! britt that's GREAT news!! :) I'm so excited for your family! Love you so so so much.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Congrats!!!!! My neck of the woods! (woohooo) on a more serious note, what part of the state, it is so expensive living here... I hope you are on the West side (just cause it is awesome, however the east side of the state is more economically friendly..)
So ..Spokane area??????
I cross my fingers all moving stuff and preparations go smoothly

wienerhoneymooners said...

OK... Officially on pins and needles to find out the city where you guys will be.

I am excited for you... but sad too, your exquisite garden... and your kids friends, your family..

I have lived here all my life and as I am thinking of where we will enjoy an outside day this holiday weekend, I must admit I know alot of cool cheap places that are kid friendly!...So I have ideas in any event of what to do here.. sites to see, cute little towns to just walk through!!!!. Poulsbo Harbor is one that you just HAVE to sit and paint...For sure...

Well, talk later,,

carol said...

I don't know why I have a pang of emotion reading this, like I'm going to miss you so much. Dear Carol, remember when you moved to Texas and no longer have claim to miss friends who move away from Rigby?

I am really excited for your new opportunities and a great change of scenery. I identify wholeheartedly to the emotions you are feeling. Whew! It's going to be so awesome! Congratulations again. I hope we get to see you those couple weeks in July, when are you taking off?

Eyre family said...

Congrats! yeeeeeaaaa. Love when the husband has a job they like. Hope the house sells quickly for you. Good Luck!
Lisa eyre

The Merrell Family said...

Congrats on the job! We're excited for you guys! Good luck with selling/buying/moving and all!! It was sooo great to see you last month!!

Debbie Murdock said...

Congrats on the new job and the new changes. Ditto on the jealous bit of moving back to the northwest. I love love love Washington and all of my family is still there scattered from the west side to the east side. I'm curious as to what city you guys will be in. How ironic that you will be in WA and I'm in UT now.

Anna said...

Congratulations, Brandon, on landing the dream job! Best wishes in the moving process.