"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Sunday, July 10, 2011

New Hair/ My Celebrity Look-alike?


We've been making the rounds to farewell get-togethers with family and friends before our upcoming move. This weekend we traveled to my Mom's to spend a little time with Mom, Ken, Caden, and Kelsey. We won't see Caden for over a year as he is moving to Korea this week. It will be a little while before we will see Kels again too. It was fun, and a little sad. I hate goodbyes.

While I was there, my amazingly talented mother was kind enough to do my hair. It's been almost a year since I had it cut! Way too long. So I was sitting in her salon chair and trying to decide what style I wanted. I was discussing with my Mom and Kelsey and flipping my hair this way and that. And suddenly... I saw this in the mirror:

I started laughing and said, "Oh no! I look like Christian Siriano!!!" Mom starts laughing too, Kelsey has no idea who he is. I show her and she starts laughing too.

Here is a You Tube link if you are not wise to the Christian Siriano "fierce phenomenon".

(My apologies in advance.)
Brandon and Caden didn't get our little joke, so probably it won't register here as well. But I just have to post this. For posterity, you know.

Here is how my haircut actually turned out. I wanted it a little shorter since I probably won't get it cut again for another year. She always does such a fantastic job. Thanks Mom!


8 comments:

Shatzi said...

Hahahahaha! That's so funny!!! I really love the way your hair turned out, though. Your mom does a great job!!

Debbie Murdock said...

Cute cute cute! Perfect for summer and your upcoming change.

The Wendt Wagon said...

I am a HUGE Project Runway fan, and your hair looks "Fierce"
So funny. Good Luck with your move.

Brittany said...

Love the hair!

carol said...

Girl, you were a hawt mess. But you are fierce now. hahah. Love it! You're hair looks fantastic!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Looks super great, and you look so skinny too!

The Artist Behind Image Perfect: said...

I am glad you posted Christian... for those who didn't know who he was. He is so interesting and I am still laughing about the moment you said that as you looked in the mirror! A moment that will last forever. I love my girls! You are amazing. I had so much fun with you both! love you!!!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

I had to scroll down here just for a laugh again, not at you, at the Project Runway goofball (Fierce)... so funny that you posed like him, hysterical... Making my Monday!