"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thursday Morning Musings

I'm seeing: The tops of the maple trees starting to change color. It's hot, and though it still feels like summer, the trees know what's coming. I love autumn...


I'm hearing: birds chirping, sprinklers spraying, mowers mowing (mow lawning as Averie says), Rylan and Averie chattering and playing.

I'm smelling: Freshly cut grass, wild oats in the field behind us that make me homesick for riding horses, and lavender as I walked the kids to school this morning, which made me want to make soap.

I'm tasting: The most amazing green smoothie I made this morning with lots of greens, fresh peaches and nectarines from my in-laws yard. Better than ice cream, I'm telling you. You know you want some...

I'm watching: Rylan and Averie sitting in the sunshine on the back porch swing while they drink their smoothies. Too precious.

I'm thinking: My grandmother's sweet husband, Darv that was in a horrible farming accident a few days ago. He is in critical condition and fighting for his life. He and his loved ones are in my thoughts today. We are hoping and praying for the best.

I'm planning: Story time at the library today and hopefully some painting during Rylan's nap time (keeping my fingers crossed). Canning and freezing peaches and pears soon. Love all the fresh fruit here!

I'm anticipating: Starting my new calling as the cub scout Wolf Den Mother. (I mean, do you think I can really pull off the yellow shirt?) I'm excited to learn the "ropes".

Also anticipating painting with a new art group I found. We have a couple of figure drawing sessions with ballerinas coming up. Cool!

I'm feeling: Grateful for my sweet children and wonderful family, Happy to be feeling a little more settled, Excited to have a little more time on my hands now that the kids are in school, and sad at the same time to have them gone for so much of the day.

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love to hear that things are going well for you in Washington. It seems that you are already finding your niche. Cub Scouts? Are you sure you didn't mean Young Women? ;-)