"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Monday, October 31, 2011

A Bit Batty

This year for Halloween the girls wanted to be bats. Ellorie read some books about bats from school and has been a little obsessed. I made them some "bat wings" out of black t-shirts and glittery felt. The screeeeeching is a little noisy, but they sure have a lot of fun.


video



I also made the girls headbands with ears and some little felt "stuffies" out of the extra felt.


Even Rylan likes to be a bat:



Hanging "upside down":




Taking Flight:



Mason is going as a ninja this year. He gets very into character. It fits well with the bats.


Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

Shatzi said...

I love the bats! You are so creative! I can't believe you made their costumes so soon after moving!!

The Wendt Wagon said...

What a cute idea for a bat costume. I love the headgand ears. I agree you are amazing at coming up with very creative projects.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Those are the cutest, bestest batties!

Melissa said...

Your costumes turned out fantastic! I love homemade creative costumes - they have so much more character. Your children look darling! Rylan looks so handsome and grown up, I cannot believe how much he has changed since I last saw him. I miss seeing you guys.

Anna said...

The bats are darling, and Mason's ninja persona is realistic. (The fence pose is very sly). It looks like your little trick-or-treaters had a great Halloween.