"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Country Mercantile Field Trip



Today was Averie's first field trip with her preschool class. It was a beautiful, cold-ish, blustery, day. It felt just like Rigby, and made me a little homesick for the stunningly beautiful Idaho autumn. The sun came out from behind the clouds after we were there for a bit. The kids had a blast, despite the wind:


Rylan was totally enamored with this old tractor that was in front of the Mercantile. He didn't want to share with anyone. He would have sat on that tractor seat all day long and never complained. As long as he got to steer.


I need to get one of those babies in my yard someday. I remember my great-grandpa Bowden had an old red tractor really similar to this one that he would take us for rides on when I was just about Averie's age. When we were a bit older and Great Grandpa was more feeble, my Dad would take us for rides on it. I think there are pictures of it somewhere? I need to ask my mom the next time I'm home.


Anyway, we all went on a wagon ride out to a gigantic pumpkin patch and the kids each picked out their own pumpkin. They were both overjoyed.

There was also a straw maze, playground, and petting zoo barn. Rylan loved the animals, especially the cows and the rabbit. Though his squeals of joy were a little disturbing for the animals.

Averie liked to pet these calves that were really sleepy and totally unconcerned with the hoards of screaming children.



There was also a train with a face that Rylan was excited about, but it only runs on weekends.

They both really enjoyed the straw maze. I didn't think Rylan would be keen on that, but he surprised me.



Averie's very favorite part was picking out her very own pumpkin, which she lovingly painted just moments after arriving at home.

Field trips rock!

5 comments:

Shatzi said...

It looks like so much fun! I really love fall.

Sharee said...

So fun that she has field trips. I don't know if Case will have any. But we are going to a pumpkin patch on Thursday and Case is very excited. Cute pics!!

Melissa said...

That looks like the most fantastic place! I love the mini straw maze. I wish we had a pumpkin patch around here - I think we have to drive to Pocatello for one.

Melissa said...

That looks like the most fantastic place! I love the mini straw maze. I wish we had a pumpkin patch around here - I think we have to drive to Pocatello for one.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Way fun! We go get pumpkins with the scouts next weekend.