"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Painting Pumpkins/Bey Blades

It's really messy.

It isn't pretty. Or cute. Or even tasteful.
But the kids totally love it.
And it's sort of become a tradition.

So we painted pumpkins for family night.


It's more about the process than the final result.





And now I'm not sure what to do with them.
The pumpkins, or the messy children.
But we had fun.
And that's what counts.


Mason's pumpkins are really "Bey Blades".
And if you don't know what that is, count yourself blessed.
But if you DO know what that is, you must have a grade-school aged boy.
It's all they talk about.
It's sort of like a fancy, overpriced, Japanese, plastic, painted to look like metal, TOP. With a rip cord. Yes, a top. Who knew?

We don't even own the toys, or watch TV.
But Averie knows the theme song by heart because it is sung so often around here.
Some days I forbid the word "Bey Blade" from being spoken in the house for my own personal sanity and for the safety of those around me.
I also frequently tell Mason to take a "brain break" from thinking about Bey Blades so he might finish his homework or perhaps carry on a conversation with someone on another subject.

For some reason he tends to obsess over things.
I have NO idea where he gets it from (ahem.)

2 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

Oh the Bey Blades, Ah yes. Better than constant DS..... But I will say he has been reading up a storm.

Great pumpkins! We will attempt some carving tomorrow I expect.

Sharee said...

Funny. I didn't know what Bey Blades are...thanks for the education :)