"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Few Projects

#1

Rylan drags around his baby blanket with him all day long. Everywhere. He puts Linus to shame. It gets washed really often, but it is NASTY. So I made him another. It probably won't replace the other one, but hopefully he will at least accept it while the other one is in the laundry. The back is super-soft velour and the edge is that super soft furry stuff. The puppies are flannel. If he doesn't like it I shall keep it for myself.



#2

Mason has been asking and asking for a big cozy bath robe. I've been meaning to make him one for a while, but the towels finally went on sale for a reasonable price. I made this baby for $8. It's made out of three towels, a bit of flannel, and 1 1/2 pkgs of bias tape. I want to make another for myself. It was super easy to sew once we figured out the pattern. My mother-in-law helped me with that part. She's sort of a sewing wizard.



#3

Another project I've been working on is flannel pajama pants for all the kids. No pictures yet. I haven't finished the waistbands. Working with elastic sort of makes me nervous. It's so unforgiving. I've been procrastinating.



#4

And finally, last week Ellorie brought me an ad with some Uglydolls. She was begging and begging me to sew some for her. "What in the world is an Uglydoll", you ask? Well, they are actually pretty ugly monster pillow doll thingies. So ugly they are nearly cute. After looking at them for a while, I sort of fell in love with them myself. My kids all picked out their favorite one already, so it was pretty easy. Here is what I came up with. It's hard to tell how big they are, but they are about the size of a smaller pillow.



Averie's "octopus"

Rylan's "puppy"


Ellorie's "bat"


Mason's "gorilla"



And, um... Mine. It's a slightly deranged unicorn. I know.


I have more projects in the works, and a lot more finished, but they cannot be shown here yet. Hopefully I'll finish everything in time. It seems like I've done a lot, but I've really only spent about three days in total sewing. They were pretty easy projects. It's so much harder to find/make time for crafting these days...

5 comments:

Sharee said...

wow! those ugly dolls look just like the real thing! You are a bit of a wizard too Britt cause I have just recently decided I want to start sewing things and I could do these all in three hours!

Sharee said...

I meant I could NOT do these things...of course. lol

Anna said...

You are so incredibly gifted! The robe is awesome, and the ugly dolls are beyond cute!

Shatzi said...

Mason's robe turned out really great! I love, love the ugly dolls. I better not show Bria or she'll want one too, I'm sure.

wienerhoneymooners said...

You are so incredibly talented!!!