"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Forever

I had an amazing weekend.
Wanna know what I did?
I flew in an airplane
(as opposed to another method of flying)
To Utah
by myself
without my children
or poor Brandon
(whom I briefly abandoned. Thanks babe!)
and I stayed with my awesome sister Kelsey
by myself
and I went to some stores
by myself
and also with my mom and grandma
and I ate at restaurants
without children
And I talked to myself a lot.
actually, a disturbing amount
It turns out that I'm not used to being alone.

And I visited with tons of relatives
that I haven't seen forever
and I actually had a chance to talk to them
actually talk.
instead of wiping noses
or taking small people to the bathroom
or cleaning up messes

and those things were all great
but the real reason I flew to Utah
in an airplane
(as opposed to another method of flying)
was that my (tall) little brother, Shane
my awesomely amazing brother,
and his awesomely amazing wife, Carlee
were sealed together
in the temple
for time
and for all eternity
as a forever family.
and I got to be there.
And as if that weren't enough,
Carlee's parents were also sealed together
for time and for all eternity
and then Carlee and her sister
were sealed to them.
There wasn't a dry eye in the room.
Because there is nothing better
on this whole earth
than the blessing of forever families.
My heart is so full.





My awesome Grandpa Vaughn. Love these pictures.



2 comments:

Shatzi said...

I'm so glad you had such a good time! I love the picture with your grandpa!!!

Anna said...

I cannot think of a better way to spend a weekend! Congrats to Shane and his wife. (You look fabulous, by the way!)