"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ellorie turns 8



Ellorie had an awesome birthday! Her grandparents flew in from Utah just for her birthday and baptism. She got to spend the whole weekend playing games and reading stories and being generally spoiled.
On her birthday morning she wanted crepes with whip cream and strawberries. And who can blame her? Yum!


Her birthday was a school day, so at lunch time Averie, my mom and I took her some cupcakes to share with her class. Everyone loves Ellorie. It was fun to see her in her interact with her class.


This year for her birthday presents, Ellorie wanted to go shopping for art supplies. Ummm... you pulled my arm, Ellorie. Asking an artist to help you go shopping for art supplies is like asking an alcoholic to take you to the liquor store, or a chocoholic to take you to the chocolate shop, or a ... well you get the picture. Needless to say, she is well equipped with all things artistic for a long time. I couldn't help myself. (Besides, we were out of paper anyway.)

We had a little family birthday party for her that night. She wanted a mint chocolate chip ice cream cake. It was actually very easy to make. And delicious. The girl has excellent taste. (Now if I only had excellent frosting piping skills... but in my own defense, I did that with the corner of a ziploc bag.)

Ellorie had lots of helpers opening her presents. She got some great things to prepare her for her baptism. Her very own set of scriptures:

A beautiful case to put them in from Grandma Gina and Papa:

A baptism towel from Aunt Tessa and Uncle Darren:



A card making stamp set from Chad and Hilarie's family:

And many more things I failed to get pictures of...

What an awesome and memorable 8th birthday. We love you, Ellorie!

4 comments:

Brittany said...

I love the towel idea...so cute! Happy Birthday to Ellorie!!! And I think the cake looks very yummy :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

Awesome cake! Piping looks great, and tasty.

Wow, I remember when I was eight, I wanted a Spyrograph and got it, my mother made my dress and she cut my bangs super straight and short, the cake was white with strawberry flecks and pink frosting..so much fun. Memories!

Anna said...

Turning 8 is such a milestone and memorable birthday! Ellorie is a beautiful and talented girl...and aspiring artist, too!

Also, how is it that your mom looks younger and hotter in every picture? It isn't fair!

Melissa said...

Congratulations Ellorie! We wish we could've been there!!!