"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Ellorie's Baptism Day

(Sunrise the morning of Ellorie's 8th birthday. Isn't it perfect?!)

Last Saturday my sweet Ellorie was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.



She was baptized by her father, who holds the priesthood keys to perform these ordinances.

The priesthood is such a huge blessing in our lives. I'm so grateful for the blessings and peace it brings to our family. Ellorie was also confirmed a member of the church and given the Gift of the Holy Ghost by her father and other family members that also hold the priesthood.

Ellorie is 8 now and old enough to know right from wrong. We are so happy that she has decided to be baptized. Ellorie was really excited (and a tiny bit nervous) to take this first big step in her spiritual progression. She knows all about the covenants she makes at baptism and wants to choose the right so she can return to live with Heavenly Father again someday. She is trying so hard to be a good girl. She is such a joy to have in our home.

Her Grandmothers spoke about the ordinance of baptism and the Gift of the Holy Ghost. Grandma Gina talked about keys and how the priesthood is like a key that opens a door on our pathway of life. Only the correct key will open the door. She gave her a special white key so she can remember the importance of the priesthood power in being baptized. She also talked about repentance and how we renew our covenants every Sunday when we take the sacrament.

Grandma Allen talked about the Gift of the Holy Ghost and how it feels like a warm blanket wrapped around you to comfort and help you throughout your life. The Holy Ghost can be with us to help and guide us if we keep the commandments and life a worthy life. Reading our scriptures and saying our prayers can help us communicate with our Heavenly Father and help us recognize and feel the Holy Ghost in our lives.


Grandma Gina and Papa Ken (My beautiful mother and wonderful step-father)


Grandma and Grandpa Allen (Brandon's parents)



Her grandfathers gave the opening and closing prayers. My dad, Kerry Clegg (who died when I was just a bit older than Ellorie) would have loved to have been there. Ellorie inherited his love of animals and wildlife and has many of his fun personality quirks. (I just know she would have been a favorite of his...) I thought about him often throughout the weekend and I know he is on the other side of the veil watching over us. I miss him so much when we are together for family occasions such as this, but I often feel him close by and know he is aware of us. I am so grateful for the blessings of Eternal families . I know that because of the covenants we have made in the holy temples will see him again someday.

We had so many loved ones there to support her on this special day. (Many, many more than pictured here. I think we had over 50 people in attendance.)


We haven't lived here in Washington very long and my heart was so full as I saw all the wonderful people that came to support our family. We have so many blessings!




My dear friend and neighbor Kim Wiberg took all of these beautiful pictures. She is so talented and I just love them. It was a busy morning for me, and there is no way I could have gotten the pictures I wanted on my own. I am so grateful for so many good people around me. Thank you so much Kim!

Another dear friend, Sharon Carpenter, made Ellorie's beautiful dress. It was so perfect! She is pretty much a wizard with a sewing machine. Ellorie felt like a princess in it. Also, a huge thank you to everyone that helped out with the baptism. So many people brought cookies, helped with music, set up, clean up, etc. I am so grateful for all of you!





Congratulations, Ellorie! We are so proud of you and love you very, very much!

5 comments:

Mollie said...

So glad I could be there for Ellorie's special day. It was such a sweet and beautiful service, I'm so glad I could be a part of it!

Shatzi said...

What a special day. Congrats Ellorie!

Brittany said...

Her dress is gorgeous! So happy for Ellorie and I think it is so cool to be baptized in the Temple.

carol said...

This totally made me cry. Love that little Ellorie bug, love you, love your family. It's amazing how thin the veil can be when we need/want our loved ones with us, I love your sweert testimony to that fact. xoxo

carol said...

sweet. your sweet testimony. I'm not even sure what sweert means. :)