"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Happy New Year!

We love celebrating New Year's Eve. This year we partied at Brandon's parents house. There were so many yummy appetizers, goodies, and treats. It's a wicked tradition, I'm telling you. Just the perfect kick off for a New Year's diet...

Chad made homemade root beer. Millard contributed some delicious wantons, and Brandon's traditional donuts are becoming legendary. Seriously people, they are SO GOOD.


Here is Rylan consuming his umpteenth:

"WOW, Dad, these are amazing!"

Cute cousin Audrie:
The brothers enjoying donuts and laughs (where is Darren?)

I was a bit of a party pooper that night. I made my egg rolls and crashed on the couch. I woke up New Year's day with a wicked cold and laryngitis. I spent the following three days in bed, and probably infected everyone present at the party. Tis the season.

The kids had a great time playing with cousins and watching their uncles play games. However, there is no photographic evidence. Another New Year's Eve tradition.

We hope you all have a wonderful New Year!

2 comments:

carol said...

What I wouldn't give for one of those donuts right now. However, your green smoothies are _almost_ as good. :)

Hope you are feeling better!!

Anna said...

Donuts are my weakness. Homemade donuts are heaven on earth. I'm so glad I was nowhere near your house on New Year's. I would have pigged-out!