"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

How {Not} To Photograph a 2 Year Old

It was a gorgeous day today. Mid-50's and sunny. There was a windy spell in the afternoon, but the combination of the temperature, the sunshine, and the wind melted all of the snow! It almost felt like spring.


I had a really busy day and spent much of it shuttling people to and fro, but I had about 20 minutes this morning with just Rylan. The lighting was too perfect and I couldn't resist snapping a few pictures of my cute, cute 2 year old.


Rylan loves to smile for the camera, but only if he is about an inch away from it. He also loves to run and jump when he knows you are taking his picture. The combination makes it nearly impossible to get a good shot. Thank heavens for bright daylight and cropping. Though I do think these candid shots catch his personality better than a "perfect" photo ever could.


When Mason is really frustrated with something or makes a big mess, he alway yells, "Ugh! Really!?!" Rylan had a dead ringer impersonation of him this evening after dropping an entire bowl of spaghetti. Hilarious.



My favorite: (How did he learn to pose like that?)



He is such a fun boy. He makes us laugh constantly. He repeats EVERYTHING we say and wants to know what everything is called. He now speaks in full sentences most of the time.


I know they are called the "terrible twos" but I disagree. This is my favorite age of all. Love my sweet 2 year old!

4 comments:

wienerhoneymooners said...

Absolutely cute!
Wow.. I love to see the changes as they grow. It is so subtle as the days go by. And then one day before you know it, you think, where did that baby face go?!
Enjoy these times, hug, snuggle and keep those little ones close, squeezing them tight. And especially the stories good night.
Conrad stopped asking to have me read to him, (sad). I will make a point to read to him this weekend.

Thanks for sharing your great "little things" they are the best things in life!

Brittany said...

He is adorable! I love the "pose". I'm fine with 2 year olds...I personally think it's the "terrible threes".

Anna said...

Rylan is such a handsome little man. I cannot believe that he is two already! It has been fun watching him grow-up through your blog. I'm excited to meet him (and all your kids)....one day!

Alicia said...

He's a cutie. I spent some time with him in nursery. I love your beautiful, frosty photos of Idaho. Idaho has beautiful scenery.