"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things."

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Oops. I sort of forgot I have a blog for a minute there.

I think this is officially the most behind I have ever been in my 5 years as a blogger. Do I still have any readers out there?


{ chirp .... chirp }

I thought not.

Well, the last month and a half has been a complete whirlwind. Handmade Christmas, vacation to Florida, Jet Lag, Christmas Eve, Christmas break with all the kids home, New Year's Eve Party, sicky sicky illnesses (including but not limited to nasty colds, head lice, and laryngitis), three birthdays, five days of company, and a baptism. And then all the cleaning, packing, unpacking, cleaning, cooking, and laundry that ensued. Whew!

It's been great, don't get me wrong. We have had so much fun and so many wonderful events, I just haven't gotten around to blogging it all.

So now the conundrum... do I post all the old pictures and events or just move on from here? Do I do one monster post summing everything up or 20 smaller posts? A real dilemma. Perhaps I should just stop blogging altogether. Really, do people even read blogs anymore? Just a hypothetical question. I love to blog, so I shall not stop, nay, never. Or at least until I get sick of it.

Okay this post feels like it is going nowhere so I'm done here. You get the picture. Moving on...

5 comments:

shaina said...

I'm with ya in thinking nobody comments anymore. It's frustrating, but when I remember that blogging is a journal for me, I keep at it.
As far as catching up, I say do a little at a time, so as not to feel so overwhelmed.

Debbie Murdock said...

I agree with your previous post comment from Shaina. Sometimes I think no one reads my blog because there are no comments but then come to find out there is more people that read than comment. And I also realized the more I commented on other people's blogs sometimes they're more apt to comment on mine. I vote tell your story with lots of pics...those are the best! Glad you guys were able to have a family vacation. And head lice is never fun. Got to deal with that when I was 9 months pregnant...and I'm pretty sure from that whole experience is why I went almost 3 weeks early!

carol said...

I'm with your other friends. Keep blogging!! Someday when I am rich (or at least my house in Rigby sells) I want to print the blog into yearly books to have. So when I get super behind on my blog (often) I sit down and think about what I want to remember in the yearly books. If/when the day comes I can really get them done. :)

carol said...

Oh, plus also, I love your writing. Don't stop.

wienerhoneymooners said...

It is ok to fall out of the "blogosphere" sometimes... And I face the same thing. I have been working on a scrap album, and it is taking alot of time, as it is actually 3 albums at once. I will post it, I plan to.... It is just that alot of Christmas is inbetween that I did not get posted Then there are the thank you notes that we send for out of state family soooo behind...I face the same dilemma. I think I will post what I want now, then do a month page 'recap' with lots mini pics with a quick jot of highlight comments for each.
I love to blog too, I just love to also shop. scrap, read, ...

Good luck finding your solution.. Again though, I must say I LOVE the Dragon drawings!

PS: -"In love with the Little Things" follower since 08! :)